Snr. Account Executive / Account Executive
YOU are an ambitious and enthusiastic new or recent starter who can hit the ground running and embrace the opportunities – and challenges – these jobs will throw at you. Here are some qualities that you will need to succeed:
1) Tenacity: an ability to ask the right questions at the right time
2) Flexibility: you will work on a wide range of clients from very different industries – some will blow your mind, others may not quite rock your boat – but you need to be prepared to pivot with speed and attack each task with gusto
3) Curiosity: we need people looking to improve their skills in both B2B and B2C comms – it’s not either/or. To grow as a communications professional you need to be interested in the world around you and develop your ability to turn an interesting story to the right audience - it’s a cliché, but inspiration can come from anywhere so you can’t just be looking down or expecting to be spoonfed.
4) Stamina: this is a world of tight deadlines and live events, you need to be willing to put in the hours.
5) Humour: building relationships and networks with stakeholders (clients, media, influencers, fellow team members) are key to success in these roles; a positive disposition will get you far!
We are not prescriptive about your skillset or experience but an ability to write, an attention to detail and a strong understanding of modern media, including social, are a must.
Your duties will include
- Direct contact with clients and media, and a responsibility to support senior management
- Day to day management of accounts, and contributing to overall client and agency strategy
- Writing features and selling-in to journalists; creating content for social calendars
- Identifying opportunities and communicating them to the team
- Organising events and setting up press and photo opportunities
- Managing marketing and content creation and liaising with our design studio
In return, Plaster offers competitive salaries, 25 days holiday a year and a culture that quickly rewards the right people.
Join us for the opportunity to learn the skills and knowledge to build a meaningful career in communications.